Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Jeep JL Wrangler Rear View Mirror

After having my JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited for almost a year, there is really only one thing that has been a nuisance to me.  The rear view mirror blocks a portion of forward vision. 

BEFORE:


I'm not tall, so I thought others must be experiencing the same issue.  The picture above shows how the mirror sets in my way.  If I were taller, it would be worse.  Sure, the seat could be lowered, but I tried that as well, and it is still in the way.  And I like to have my seat sitting comfortably for me.  So I began searching for a way to resolve the issue.  

I found a couple of posts on the Jeep JL Forum, where others had "flipped" their mirrors upside-down.  Several said the mirror came off the mount, and had to be pushed back onto the clip.  Most of them said it was doable, but pretty tricky.  I was afraid of breaking my mirror mount, and just being out of luck.  

But a couple said they were able to just rotate the mirror to be upside-down.  It was a ten-second operation, two of them said.  So I decided to try.

By slightly pushing up on the plastic panel above the mirror, I was able to rotate it, and gain about 2" of vision under the mirror.  

AFTER:

One of the best upgrades I've done (and it was free)!



No comments:

Post a Comment