Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Need Your CHL?

Last Saturday, I took my CHL class from Mike at K&K Firearms. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

There are a few things that (I think) set him above others, based on what I’ve read or heard.

1. Class Comfort. He teaches the class at his house, so instead of sitting in a straight-back chair in a musty conference room, you get to sit on a comfortable sofa, up close and personal.

2. Class Size. Since he is fairly new, his class doesn't have two dozen people. This allows a more personal interaction, and a nicer setting. Being new to concealed carry laws, I had a lot of questions that I might not have asked in a room full of people.

3. K&K Firearms. Not only is Mike a CHL Instructor, he is a licensed firearms dealer, so he can get just about anything you might be looking for. He is also a certified gunsmith, so if you need work done, or just want a good cleaning, he can take care of you.

4. Prices. His class was cheaper than others in the area. His charge to clean a gun is $30, and that means breaking it down completely...not just the barrel area.

5. Personal Help. At the range, Mike pointed out things that would help. He gave excellent tips and pointers that not only helped me pass the test, but will help from now on.

6. Monkey Bread. Yes, you read that correctly. During break, we enjoyed some wonderful monkey bread made by his wife. Sure beats some stale, cruddy snack from a vending machine.

If you are in the DFW area, and need a CHL, gun cleaning, or a gun, give Mike a shout at http://www.kkfirearms.com/.

And tell him Laron sent you.  That won't get you any kind of discount or anything, but he'll get a kick out of how you mispronounce my name.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment